Views
Helpful
Replies

Self Test Fail to query database.pl

sajjadhai
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am running Ciscoworks and am getting below error when running a Selftest. Can anyone explain how I resolve these issues:

FAIL Self Test Fail to query rmeng.DbVersion, Error: Database server not found (DBD: login failed) Self Test

Fail to query rmeng.SYSTABLE, Error: Database server not found (DBD: login failed)

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This looks like the RME database server is down. Please post the output of the pdshow command.

Hello

Attached is the output of the pdshow.

Thanks

Saj

You either have a corrupt database transaction log, or a corrupt database itself. First, shutdown Daemon Manager. If you have an NMSROOT/databases/rmeng/rmeng.log, delete it. Then run:

NMSROOT\objects\db\win32\dbsrv9 -f NMSROOT\databases\rmeng\rmeng.db

Then restart Daemon Manager. That should get the database server to start. If not, then you have a corrupt RME database, and you will need to reinitialize:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmeng dmprefix=RME

Hello

Deleting the RMENG.DB file with a stop\start of the deamon service did not work. On point to add is that the deamon service could not stop correctly. I am running the Ciscoworks application on a Windows 2003 Server and got the below message when stopping the deamon service:

Could not stop the ciscoworks daemon manager service on local computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Deleting the rmeng.db file was not what I told you to do. You've now completely destroyed your RME database.

To recover, do this. Set the Daemon Manager service to Manual in the Services control panel. Reboot the server. When it comes backup, run the following command:

Then set the Daemon Manager service back to Automatic, and reboot again. Your daemons should all come back up.

Hello

I did not delete the rmeng.db file, but move it to another folder. In the event that it was required again. I will copy the file back to the original directory, and restart the server.

Is there anything else I should do?

You need to do what I outlined in my previous post:

You either have a corrupt database transaction log, or a corrupt database itself. First, shutdown Daemon Manager. If you have an NMSROOT/databases/rmeng/rmeng.log (note: rmeng.LOG NOT rmeng.DB), delete it. Then run:

NMSROOT\objects\db\win32\dbsrv9 -f NMSROOT\databases\rmeng\rmeng.db

Then restart Daemon Manager. That should get the database server to start. If not, then you have a corrupt RME database, and you will need to reinitialize:

I have now sucessfully created a new db file. This has resolved the errors being recieved.

However I would like to know if there is anyway of ascertaining previous saved configurations from the server. The ciscoworks server has full data backup conducted succesfully two weeks ago. Without rebuilding the entire server from that particular backed up image, is there any other way of retreiving the device configurations for previous months?

No. You will either need to restore the full LMS backup, or start repopulating your RME database manually.

I have also done the below commands but this has not rectified the issue.

net stop crmdmgtd

net start crmdmgtd

Attached is the pdsgow output

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: