Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST AT HQ

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

guys

if you have 2CUCM at HQ and both fail for whatever reason, can you use the gateway for SRST so the HQ phones can still operate?

i know CUCMBE does it but have not heard of people using CUCM in this manner.

just something i was thinking off the top of my head :) have a great new year

4 Replies 4

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Arvind,

Yes you can use your GW as last resort for your phones if the entire CUCM cluster is down.

Last year, I configured such scenario for a customer with CUCM 5.X.

Best regards,

- Adrián.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure you can, but you need to have SRST licenses on the local GW which typically is not the case at the HQ site. The licenses are not enforced, but if you configure it and you are not licensed for them you would be braking licensing agreement.

Chris

i think i wanted to know more or less if anyone does this in a production environment as well. this came up with a customer, he didnt want to buy both call managers but only one. so i was thinking to offer him max redundancy i could have SRST on the local router. then it came up, suppose you have 300 users? we dont have a router to handle that with SRST so we would then have to pick and choose which phones should register and which cannot....

With single CM server, SRST as backup would be better than nothing. I cannot speak to best practices, as I would never implement solution with a single server, 300 user company is large enough to afford second server.

As to the selective SRST registration that would be your only option if the router is a 28XX type of a GW. So, you would need to pick the most critical phones, the challenge with that is with time as people come and go this gets lost and the next thing you know is that someone important was unable to receive a call while in SRST :-(

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: