AP 1010 join wrong WLC

hkj0516
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have 1 WISM and 1 4402-50 and running on OS4.1.185

They name are WISM-1, WISM-2, 4402-50.

The AP was got ip by DHCP server.

I have configure primary wlc is 4402-50, secondary wlc is WISM-2 and tertiary wlc is WISM-1.

But, the AP1010 always join secondary and tertiary, it's not to join primary.

Have anyone to same issus?

THANKS

Stephen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well, it looks like there isn't a join response.... again, do you have any ap's on the wism's in which you can move to the 4400 or the other way around. This will identify if mobility is working.

If you don't have any ap's on the 4400, then try to ping the AP manager IP address.... you shouldn't be able to. Disconnect the 4400 from the network and see if you can ping that address. You might have a duplicate address for the AP manager which might cause the output you are seeing.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

jordanperks
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen it before with 1131s. The issue stemmed from my controllers being in the same mobility group, but had completely different configs. Are all of your controllers in the same mobility group? If so, do they all have the same basic config?

Once I removed the controllers from the same mobility group the APs began associating with the controller I told it to.

John is right.... check your mobility group and config. Also, do you have any issues with other ap's moving from the 4400 to the WiSM or vice-versa? What you can look at is the log on the AP. This can tell you if it initially joins, but either gets rejected or if it never does get a join response. All the WLC's in the same subnet?

-Scott

My mobility group is same to all WLC. The AP is AP1010. So, I can't look at the any log on the AP.

All the WLC's interface management is different subnet.

The IBC-AP's are connect to Cisco 3750. I have define DHCP pool for IBC-AP's on the 3750.

The DHCP configuration is below:

ip dhcp pool NET_65

network 10.100.65.0 255.255.255.0

default-router 10.100.65.1

domain-name wri

option 43 ascii "10.100.64.150"

option 60 ascii "Airespace.AP1200"

The 4402-50-IBC management IP is 10.100.64.150 and I have configure the primary WLC to 4402-50-IBC for all IBC-AP. But, the all IBC-AP's always join to WiSM-1 and WiSM-2. I can't have any AP log on the 4402-50-IBC.

How to confirm the WLC system name is correct on all WLC's?

My object of IBC-APs have two SSID's. One SSID name is PUBLIC, other SSID name is IBC.

When the 4402-50-IBC is down, the IBC-AP's can re-join WiSM-1 or WiSM-2. The client is connect to PUBLIC to ensure work.

This is my wireless topology.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's a bug with the v4.x between the HTML and the CLI) particularly when you specify the primary/secondary/tertiary controllers using CLI.

The work-around is to use the CLI on the WLC:

config ap primary-base

config ap secondary-base

config ap tertiary-base

Does this response help?

Do you know this bug id ?

The WLC is running version 4.1.185.

It can't use this CLI.

config ap primary-base

The command works:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/wireless/controller/4.1/command/reference/clic1.html#wp1553111

config ap primary-base [WLC_Controller_IP_Address]

Can you try to enter the command:

config ap primary-base ?

I am sure you can enter the WLC_Controller_IP_Address after that.

The command works:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/wireless/controller/4.1/command/reference/clic1.html#wp1553111

config ap primary-base [WLC_Controller_IP_Address]

Can you try to enter the command:

config ap primary-base ?

I am sure you can enter the WLC_Controller_IP_Address after that.

I am input the WLC_Controller_IP_Address. This display is "Incorrect input! Use 'config ap primary-base '"

It's not input WLC_Controller_IP_Address .

Can you please change WLC_Controller_IP_Address to YOUR controller's Management IP Address?

YES~

The WLC IP is Management IP Address.

You can only input the WLC System name not the ip on the code you are running. I think the 5.x code has the option to specify the ip address also, but I would not suggest you upgrade to the 5.x. So just enter the WLC system name in the field.

-Scott

My customer AP is AP1000. It's support 4.x.

I think I must to find what happened to bring this problem.

I was reboot a AP. It mac address is 00:0b:85:84:ed:10. The result is

display below.

5 16:07:48 2009: 00:0b:85:84:ed:10 Received LWAPP DISCOVERY REQUEST

from AP 00:0b:85:84:ed:10 to 00:0b:85:43:d4:e0 on port '1'

Mon Jan 5 16:07:48 2009: 00:1e:14:04:a6:c9 Successful transmission of

LWAPP Discovery-Response to AP 00:0b:85:84:ed:10 on Port 1

It's successful find to WLC4402. But, It's not registration the WLC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: