cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared Line -- continuous ringing issue

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

On one of our clusters running 5.1, we have an issue at one of our offices. This particular office has multiple shared line appearances between users (dozens of phones with anywhere from 5 to 10 shared lines on each phone -- with up to 10 shared lines per DN). Intermittently, when a shared line is picked up, another phone with that shared line continues to ring until the phone is hard reset.

I'm not local to that office, so am relying on end users to explain the issue. All of the phones are 7960's with SCCP load P00308000800. All of the shared lines have the primary appearance on line 1, while the other appearances are on other lines -- some on 7914's.

I'm at a complete loss on this one. Any ideas??

thanks,

Will

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Will,

Extensive shared line use for remote site requires a lot of planning.

Remember that when using shared line we are going to send multiple sccp packets at the same time to different devices. This require some traffic congestion|queuing and QoS planning in origintaing location and handle the same amount in remote office.

In our SRND guide you will find more details for shared line calculation.

We worked with one of our customers 3 months ago and gave them exact data we TAC and BU conclude after soing some calcs. Will post you the details on Friday.

Thanks much! TAC is reviewing some traces, but this is good info. I found the relevant section in the CUCM 5.1 SRND doc, and am checking the queue depth on that site's wan router. Will post what I find.

thanks again,

Will

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: