Unity Connection 7.X - CUCM Integration vs. LDAP Integration

Unanswered Question
Dec 30th, 2008

Hi all -

I'm looking for a document that helps customers determine the advantage or disadvantage or perhaps the differences in using one directory integration with UC over the other. In one UC test system, we imported users from CUCM 6.X, which itself is integrated with Active Directory. As long as we had a Primary Extension coded for each end user, we could locate the user in UC Import. The user was imported with the CUCM extension and showed grayed out in the UC SAweb, which for us is OK because we have standardized on 5-digit extensions. It also makes working with MeetingPlace Express very easy. However, in another test, we found a CUCM integration would not work. The customer had overlapping extensions and translated 4-digit to 5-digit numbers. With UC using CUCM for directory information, the users were imported with 5-digit extensions, which would have required Alternate extensions and Alternate MWI extensions to maintain voicemail functionality. However, by integrating UC directly with Active Directory via LDAP, we were able to update the user's extension field following import to ensure the info was correct. I'm sure there are other instances that warrant using one methodology or the other. Thanks in advance for your expertise!

Ginger

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion