cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console

jjohnson1980
Level 1
Level 1

I have an attendant console thats line status is displaying ?'s for all lines. I have rebooted the attendant console server service and nothing. The CM version is 5.1 any ideas?

11 Replies 11

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Which exact version for CUCM?

Does the AC PC has a Firewall enabled?

Other PCs works?

CUCM has "Application Dial Rules" under call routing which is mainly used for CUPC dialing. This allows a user to dial phone numbers that come from LDAP as 10 digit numbers, to append a 91 to everything so that call manager can route the call.

Application Dial Rules are applied to all CTI applications, so AC is also affected.

On the AC client go to: C:\Program Files\Cisco\Unified CallManager Attendant Console\data\GlobalSetting.xml

Change: false<\DialRuleForDialingOnly> to true<\DialRuleForDialingOnly>

Save the file, log out of AC and then log back in.

You can also enable AC tracing and let us know

I should have been more specific, the line status for the Directory numbers display as ?. Not the line status of the AC itself. Ill get back with the exact version of the CUCM a little later.

CUCM version 5.1.3.1113-1

I had this issue also a little while back. There were a couple of things I remember I had to do.

1. Update the java to the latest version.

2. Restart a service in particular in Servicability. I cant remember exactly what that service was right off, but it has happened several times before, and I had to restart that service each time.

This was in 6.1 though

I'm updating Java on the PC containing the AC correct?

Ive restarted the AC server in serviceability already with no luck.

In my experience, that is caused by a firewall; either a firewall or ACL on the network between the client PC and the Server running AC or (and I've run into this more often) a Windows firewall on the PC. Some organizations use Windows Group Policies to enforce personal firewalls on Windows and that prevents the UDP traffic through.

Would that cause intermittent problems? I learned today that is whats is actually happening.

If it's a group policy issue, it could depend on who is logged into the operating system at the time. Could that be the 'intermittent' factor?

rwolfe
Level 1
Level 1

You need to restart the AC Service on ALL CUCM servers on which it is running. Restarting just the Publisher (even thought the console was registered there) did not do the trick.

If you are still having this issue, check to see if there are any firewall settings in the pc where the AC Console application is installed. You must disable any Windows Firewall settings.

I checked that and the java version. I am about to check what CM it is registered to compared to what CM the phone are registered to. THey should be registered to the same CM. If that doesnt help then ill check the LMHOST and HOST files and add the IP addy and hostnames to see if that works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: