Views
Helpful
Replies

Query for CDR

goranpilat
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have recently preformed a CCM upgrade (4.1->6.1) at one of my customer's. The customer (his admin to be correct) is used to collecting CDRs with SQL queries and making his own reports out of them. Now as we upgraded CCM he wants the same. I showed him how he can now get csv files, export them to Excel an perform whatever he needs. However he still wants to be able to preform queries on DB itself. Is this possible? How? If it's not done like this anymore, I want to prove it to him so he can get used to excel...

Any help is appreciated,

Goran Pilat

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

he still can do that:

run sql

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_1_1/cucos/iptpappa.html#wp1052698

you can look at the data dictionary for the DB schema to create the qrys

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

jaregalado
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Since CCM release 5.x direct access to the database is not allowed anymore so the recommendation for processing CDRs is to move the CDR text based records off the CCM to an external application and process the CDRs there. CCM periodically uploads the CDRs to an external server using FTP.

If database style processing of records (SQL queries) is a must, any medium level programmer can develop an small script so you can insert each CDR record into a true SQL database (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, whatever suits your mood), then you can have all the tools, statements, etc. provided by the chosen database at your dipsosal.

I myself made such an script some months ago in order to transfer all the TXT records from CCM 5.x / 6.x to a MySQL database), I may post it here if you're interested.

Regards.

Hi Jaime,

If it is not a problem to you, please post the script. Thanks for your great explanation,

All the best in New Year

Pilat Goran

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: