Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager multiparty hotline

sr2290723
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have several phones that will be grouped so that when anyone place the call off-hook, the other phones will ring. Suppose I have phone A, B, C and D. When A goes off hook, phone B, C, and D will ring and if any of them answer, they will be able to talk to each other in a conference-like session.

Is there any features that can support this in Call Manager

4 Replies 4

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

You can set it up as a translation pattern- look for something along the lines of "hot line, creating hotlines, emgergency .... " in cisco.com - create a TP as xxxx with a translated number of a Pilot Hunt group- Partition "Hot Line", then assign the phones B,C,D in that hunt group - should work. Make sure that the CSS of Phone A only has the parttion Hot Line in it

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have done what you suggested, and it works. But, I have one more question, is there any way to make phone B, C, and D talk to each other although they picked up the call from phone A in different time ? I heard from my client that PBX system can do that.

Thanks

Wiyandi

What do you mean talk to each other? if you assign a different Partition to B,C,D such as PT_Internal and that Partiiton is in their CSS and each Phone has its own DN then can they call each other, or maybe assign a second line to phone -B,C,D and allow them to call each again. It is only Phone A which has the auto dial, Translation Pattern feature- the other are normal phones,DN`s?

You can implement barge feature along with what you already have done. The users at the remaining phones which did not answer the call would simply press the line button (assuming CM 7) or press the barge button on previous versions to join the conference. You actually want to use cBarge rather than barge if you will require more than 3 participants and with cBarge shared conference bridges will be utilized.

HTH,

Chris