cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GSS can probe directly with Servers

Ahmed Shahzad
Level 1
Level 1

I have one GSS but no Application Content Switch, Application Control Enginer or IOS SLB device. Would it be possible that GSS can probe (check the server status using ICMP and TCP) directly from Servers...

If yes, then what are the probes available with servers..

Please guide....

2 Replies 2

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

Use an ICMP keepalive when testing a GSS answer that is a VIP address, IP address, or a virtual server IP address. The Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) keepalive type monitors the health of resources by issuing queries containing ICMP packets to the configured VIP address (or a shared keepalive address) for the answer. Online status is determined by a response from the targeted address, indicating simple connectivity to the network. The GSS supports a maximum of 750 ICMP keepalives when using the standard detection method and a maximum of 150 ICMP keepalives when using the fast detection method.

Thank you for the reply.

According to your reply, it is confirmed that Direct ICMP probes to Server IP Address are possible. May I know that Direct TCP probes to Server IP Address are possible, like I want to check the status of Web Service (www)?