Upgrade CUCM 6.1.1.2000-3 to latest 7.x build

Unanswered Question
Dec 31st, 2008

I have some general questions about this upgrade. Will I need to obtain new licenses to go to version 7? Is the latest 7.x build stable? Or should I stay with 6 and upgrade to 6.1.3.1000-16? I can't find an upgrade guide to go from the version we are on to the latest build. Please post a link if you know where one is. Thanks in advance.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
Loading.
Chris Deren Wed, 12/31/2008 - 06:59

I just noticed that you are on 6.1.3, you cannot upgrade from this version to 7.0, you need to be on 6.1.2 and below. You will need to wait till 7.1 comes out, should be shortly.

HTH,

Chris

rob.huffman Wed, 12/31/2008 - 07:37

Hey Chris,

I believe Troy is still on 6.1(1) so he should be good to go for the 7.(x) upgrade.

Troy, I was recommending that people wait before upgrading to 7.(x), but as Chris nicely noted 7.(x) has proven to be an excellent stable build, so no worries there I don't think :)

Here is the upgrade info for 6.(x) to 7.(x);

Upgrading to Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 7.0(1) from Release 5.x and Release 6.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/7_0_1/cucos/iptpch7.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: Thanks Chris for clearing up my mis-conception on the Node License question :)

Chris Deren Wed, 12/31/2008 - 07:43

Rob,

We actually participated in UC 7 EFT with Cisco, where we spent few months testing the UC7 applications before they were released, off course bugs and issues were encountered but by the time CM was released it was in great stable condition. Since then as I've mentioned we've implemented it dozens of times without major issues.

Chris

rob.huffman Wed, 12/31/2008 - 08:08

Hey Chris,

After we spoke about the CUCM 7.(x) EFT that you participated in and in talking to others (including our own Cisco SE's)who went the 7.(x) route successfully, I have changed my tune :) This is because I truly respect your opinion and value the expertise that you bring to these discussions. This is why I now add this type of clip;

"Troy, I was recommending that people wait before upgrading to 7.(x), but as Chris nicely noted 7.(x) has proven to be an excellent stable build, so no worries there I don't think :)"

Thanks for your ongoing support here buddy.

Cheers!

Rob

troymaki Tue, 01/06/2009 - 07:48

Thanks for the responses guys. I am going to upgrade to 7.x.

Actions

This Discussion