cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Passing database information to CAD

coreynorth
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone. I am brand new to the forums here and Cisco in general. I was hoping to gain some insight about the way data is passed from a CCX based call/queue to the CAD.

My general issue is this:

I am trying to pull info from a datasource based on caller input (this I can do) and I want to pass at least one variable to a web page that is opened on the CAD when a agent accepts a call. I am simply in the dark as to how the information gets pushed over and how it is received on the other end.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Corey,

Basically you need to use the Set Enterprise Data step in the UCCX Script. Once you've determines what variable name you will use, you then go add this variable into theh 'Cisco Desktop Administrator' Tool as Enterprise data. This variable is also useable under the IPC Action which is where you will do the screenpop. Hope this answers your question, please rate useful posts.

Chad

That is just what I am looking for. Of course that leads to another question.

Can you pass a GUID (16 byte hex) from a DB to CCX in any way?

If I try to it tells me the data format is not recognized. This is a problem for me because I have to append the GUID to the end of an HTML address string and I cant get it to pass at all.

Thank you for the previous insight and hopefully someone can help me with this one as well.

Corey,

Are you using the db step successfully anywhere else in the script on other things then the GUID? I would say if that doesn't work, the best way it to write a custom java class to do the database lookup. Or are you trying to say that it comes into the script ok but it doesnt pass to CAD correctly? Try displaying things as Enterprise data before using them in the HTTP Action.

Cheers,

Chad

Sorry for the slow response. Yes the db step is successfully pulling other information, it simply doesn't recognize a GUID as any type of variable. I actually have the entire process working with the single exception of the GUID. I can't seem to use them as Enterprise data because a GUID isn't recognized as a valid variable type. I think I will have to write a custom java class in order to get it working but I don't have a lot of experience with java. Any chance you could point me to a good resource on the process of using custom java classes with the CCX?

Thanks

Corey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: