Helpful
Replies

Active LED not glowing in Sup V 10GE

gautamzone
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends,

I am unable to use the second Ten Gig port on th Supervisor V-10GE

. The chassis is 4507 chassis and the IOS version is 12.2(25)EWA6.

The supervisor module is WS-X4516-10GE.

The first Ten Gig port is already in use but the second Ten Gig port has the "Link" and the "active" led turned off. I thought that the Active LED should glow always irrespective of the port status. Has anyone come across this before? Please advise.

Thanks a lot

Gautam

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Gautam,

Happy new year

according to the configuration guide of your release

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.2/25ewa/configuration/guide/sw_int.html

all ports are enabled by default.

From CLI does the switch sense the optical transceiver presence or not ?

We have in one campus the same devices I will give a look.

In our experience we had already to change several 10GE transceivers so there is a chance that your port has a transceiver that is not working anymore.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks Giuseppe and Wish you a very Happy new Year too.. Yes, the transceiver is detected (as per sh int status output). I doubt if the slot is an issue here because i ave tried different LX4 transceivers too.

Note: The Active LED on the slot does not glow at all. I believe that the Active LED should glow whether or not the Link is down?

Hello Gautam,

from ciscoview I see the link up but the active is not lighted but I don't know if it reflects the real LEDs (all of them)

I have C4506 with WS-X4013+10GE and IOS cat4500-ipbasek9-mz.122-31.SGA.bin and they use the two 10GE uplinks

nothing special in the configuration

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card