Helpful
Replies

Active LED not glowing in Sup V 10GE

gautamzone
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends,

I am unable to use the second Ten Gig port on th Supervisor V-10GE

. The chassis is 4507 chassis and the IOS version is 12.2(25)EWA6.

The supervisor module is WS-X4516-10GE.

The first Ten Gig port is already in use but the second Ten Gig port has the "Link" and the "active" led turned off. I thought that the Active LED should glow always irrespective of the port status. Has anyone come across this before? Please advise.

Thanks a lot

Gautam

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Gautam,

Happy new year

according to the configuration guide of your release

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.2/25ewa/configuration/guide/sw_int.html

all ports are enabled by default.

From CLI does the switch sense the optical transceiver presence or not ?

We have in one campus the same devices I will give a look.

In our experience we had already to change several 10GE transceivers so there is a chance that your port has a transceiver that is not working anymore.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks Giuseppe and Wish you a very Happy new Year too.. Yes, the transceiver is detected (as per sh int status output). I doubt if the slot is an issue here because i ave tried different LX4 transceivers too.

Note: The Active LED on the slot does not glow at all. I believe that the Active LED should glow whether or not the Link is down?

Hello Gautam,

from ciscoview I see the link up but the active is not lighted but I don't know if it reflects the real LEDs (all of them)

I have C4506 with WS-X4013+10GE and IOS cat4500-ipbasek9-mz.122-31.SGA.bin and they use the two 10GE uplinks

nothing special in the configuration

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card