cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client Issue

nrosselli
Level 1
Level 1

My company uses RSA secureID tokens with our ASA 5505. I am able to successfully connect except from my laptop. If I try using another computer my token works without problem. On the problem laptop I am able to connect with other profiles to other asa devices. I am at a loss here, but everything points to the laptop. I am thinking of rebuilding it and see if I still have the issue but wondered if any one else has had this issue. Attached is my log on the problem client.

1 Reply 1

ecopelan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I took a quick look at the logs however they don't tell me much. Do you mine turning up the logging for the VPN client so that it will dump debug logs instead and send attach to this post.

To enable debug logging:

1. Open the GUI and enable logging.

2. Close the GUI and open the vpnclient.ini file located in the install directory.

3. Modify the Log Level settings so that IKE, IPSec and CVPND are set to level 15.

4. Save and close the vpnclient.ini file.

5. Open the GUI and make a connection.

6. After the failure go ahead and attach the log file and should get a better idea of what is happening.

Also are you running Vista buy any chance? Also are you using Soft Tokens or the physical token cards?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: