cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reverse Number Lookup

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

We have a customer that would like to implement a service that would allow them to query a database and retrieve the name of the caller from the ani. I would think this would be pretty simple to do but I can't seem to get started and didn't know if anyone has any suggestions...This would be a small database, less 500 entries.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

2 Replies 2

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

Do you want this lookup to be done manually?

i.e. press Services, press "ANI Lookup", then enter the number and receive the name matching to the number?

This is quite easy to do, have a look at the ipphone services sdk for the objects like CiscoIPPhoneInput.

You can use any language for the webservice, use what you are most comfortable with. I always use JSP/Servlets...

hth

jaregalado
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

you're lucky as your question has been answered on the developers forum:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Phone%20Services%20for%20Developers&topicID=.ee94c94&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc034f3

The TCL script posted by Paolo Bevilacqua seems to do exactly what you describe. I Have not tested it yet, but it seems promissing.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: