cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Upgrade to 4.1.1c

JHaynes4
Level 1
Level 1

I have upgraded a network of 10 WAE devices with 9 of them running 4.1.1.c and one still on 4.0.19 due to network issues. That one will be upgraded shortly. I am still running the legacy CIFS mode for backwards compatibility with the one 4.0.19 device. When that is upgraded I want to transfer to the new transparent CIFS mode. Is it as simple as going into each device both Core and Edge and just checking off the CIFS Accelerator under the Application>Enabled Features section, or is there more that has to be done such as deleting connectivty groups etc. According to the documentation once you check off that button it removes the core and edge functionality but I was curious to see if anyone else had done this sort of thing without issue. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would recommending using the following procedure. Schedule an outage as you will have to reload the WAEs as you disable the old edge/core services.

1. Remove core boxes from core clusters.

2. Disable core services on WAEs (boxes should reload).

3. Disable edge services on WAEs (boxes should reload).

4. Enable CIFS AO via check boxes in CM GUI.

Once you have CIFS AO enabled on both ends of your links, you should see CIFS connections being optimized in the cli and CM GUI. The connectivity directives will be still in the GUI, but won't be actively used once the core/edge services are disabled and can be deleted later after successful migration.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the help. I will be doing this in a few days and will follow the procedure you outlined.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: