Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS VPN DC/DR

sachinshinde
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In VPN n/w i have DC & DR. Both DC & DR r geographically separate. Server IP pool used both in DC & DR is different. Need to configure MPLS VPN in such way that when DC is active spoke should not able to access DR. when DC becomes unvailable spoke shoould able to access DR.

I m thinkin of conditional BGP. Let me know if you have any suggestion on conditional BGP or different solution.

Thanks...

5 Replies 5

Might be route tracking in conjunction with IP SLA pinging DC could be used

Hi Jon,

Didnt get u.

In my scenario if DC & DR both have different IP pool then I in customer VRF (in MPLS VPN cloud) both IP pool will become available and spoke location can access both DC & DR simultaneously which I do not want.

I want client to only able to access DR if DC fails.

Hello Sachin,

in your case what could help is BGP conditional advertising:

the PE routers (or the CE routers) of the DR site start to advertise the DR ip subnets when the DC subnets disappear from the VRF routing table.

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_1/iproute/configuration/guide/1cdbgp.html#wp1023602

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

Can I use BGP conditional advertising feature in MP-IBGP instead of eBGP. i.e. if particular route present in end A PE router VRF then do not advertise alternate route to end B PE router something like this...

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Pls post a detailed Network diagram..

HTH

Mohamed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: