Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Application error logs on setup with Unity 5.0 & exchange 2007 cluster

Hi,

I have a setup with Unity 5.0 & Exchange 2007 cluster , CM 6.1

After error free Unity installation , I imported subscribers from exchange 2007 & tried to test voice messages in mailboxes .observed those messages are going into only UnityMTA folder ,

Saw following errors in eventviewer application logs

launch PW 2 times ,but no improvement

Launch mesgstore configuration wizard too ..But still i get the same errors

Users can keep messages ,but Unity is not sending those to subscriber mailbox

Do anybody have any idea how to fix this ?

ID: 30003

Source: CiscoUnity_MALEx

Message: An attempt to access the Primary Exchange Mailbox Store by via

MAPI has failed. The MAPI subsystem return the following error.

ID: 30012

Source: CiscoUnity_MALEx

Message: An occurred which prevents successful Exchange access by via

MAPI.This is typically an indication of configuration issues with Unity,

Exchange, or the MAPI subsystem.Verify that the Unity services accounts

are granted the correct permissions and that there are no issues with

installation. The SysCheck utility may assist in diagnosing the problem.

ID: 32013

Source: CiscoUnity_Doh

Message: Doh logon failed due to messaging component logon error

10 Replies 10

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

When you ran the permissions wizard, did you also complete the delegation of control wizard for Exchange? There is a portion of the permissions wizard that gets run as a script on the Exchange 2007 server? These instructions are for Exchange 2003 so you may need the appropriate shell commands for Exchange 2007 - You can validate security by going to Exchange System Manager, expand your Administrative Group and right-click the partner Exchange server. Select Properties. Click on the Security tab, then Advanced tab. Make sure the unitymsgstoresvc account has Send As, Receive As, View Information Store, and Administer Information Store permissions. Also, I would run the Syscheck utility logged on using the unitymsgstoresvc account - see the account that runs AvCsMgr or AvMsgStoreMonitor service. This is a rights checking utility that will flag anything not working right. I would also confirm the account with mailbox called Unity_servername resides on the Exchange 2007 server on a mounted information store.

Ginger

Hi Ginger,

Thanks for your comments !

I was able to fix this as I found that exchange 2007 cluster was missing public folder database mounted . So I was getting these 3 errors with failures to deliver messages to exchange mailboxes & kept those only in UnityMTA folder.

It was bit tricky as Cisco installation guide never talk much about this mandatory requirement for exchange 2007 as partner server in Unity installation perspective as Exchange guys are to avoid this public folder database mounting in practical deployments of exchange cluster . For them it is optional.

Regards,

Waruna

Did you happen to find a cisco doc on this issue. I am having very similar issue in Unity 5.x and Exchange 2007. How can I check this?

Thanks,

Hi,

It is the Unity 5.0 installation with Exchange document .

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/installation/guide/umexnofo/5xcuigumenofox.html

But you cannot find this as highlighted in the document ..

Refer to the following chapter.

"Setting up exchange "

then "configuring exchange 2007 for Cisco Unity"

regards,

Waruna

Hello. I dug up this old post. Did you ever learn WHY public folder distribution is required for Unity with EX2007? I have a site that is hosting mailboxes on EX2007, but is partnered with EX2003 and not having any issues, but will be partnering with EX2007 shortly and the client does not have Public Folder distribution enabled and wants to know why this is necessary.

Thank you for your time.

I am having this same issue, but all the resolutions posted here have already occured, except for the Delegation of Control Wizard for Exchange. Where might I find that Wizard at?

Hi -

Here is a link I found using Google, not Cisco that shows how to delegate Exchange administrative control for Exchange 2007, courtesy of Jeff Lindborg:

http://lindborglabs.com/HelpFiles/PW501/PWHelpExchange_ENU.htm

(another name for ciscounitytools.com)

Regards, Ginger

The Cisco installation documents makes a brief statement (I wish they would include a screen shot of the Exchange Administration Delegation Wizard and a table of the needed rights) regarding the need to delegate Exchange administrative control. You will find a very small section, as shown below. The file PWHelpExchange_ENU.htm resides on the Unity server, depending on the overlay and how you set up the the placement of the CommServer directory, for example: D:\CommServer\Utilities\PermissionsWizard\PWHelpExchange_ENU.htm

However, if you don't have access to the Unity server or you are planning an installation, then the link on lindborglabs.com is needed to understand what needs to be assigned. Nice post by Ginger!

Delegating Exchange Administrative Control

The Cisco Unity Permissions wizard cannot delegate Exchange administrative control, so you must delegate control manually. For information on delegating control, refer to the Permissions wizard help file PWHelpExchange_.htm.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: