Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM HA Fault Tolerant Query

limin
Level 1
Level 1

dear all,

I deployed my ICM 7.0 System with two Sides (A&B). As the high available requirement, I setup duplex AWs & Roggers.

But, when I disable the A Side Rogger, both AW Sides can not work, Console Windows prompt that each Side AW can not connect it's own Side Logger.

Even AW Side B was configed as the Second Distributor for Site, checked Preferred Side B. AW Side B still can not work, connect Logger B when Rogger Side A down.

Both Rogger Sides been chosen as duplex Mode and chose their Preferred Side.

I found some Cisco Documents said I should use crossover Cable as Heartbeat Link between AWs & Roggers, but no further more details for Configuration Guide.

Can anyone help me, or give me some advise?

Thanks A lot.

2 Replies 2

limin
Level 1
Level 1

plus,

1, When both Rogger A and B enabled, each AW work well done. AW B can connect to Logger B.

2, when Rogger A disabled, AW B can not connect Logger B. Console Windows prompt "Connection to Server Broken on ".

at the same time, RoggerB status:

Connection to MDS process established.

Replication is registered with MDS;

3, Is there any strictly Requirement for the IP Addresses when I filling the blanks during install AW/Router/Logger?

4, Must I use RMS for ICM7.0 ? I find some Cisco Documents mention RMS, but so few Guidelines can exactly show me how to config HA for ICM7.0.

The AW connecting to the B Side should be set up as it's own Primary AW, not a Secondary to the the other AW. You should have a Primary RTD at each site and other AW at each site connect to the Primary RTD at that site

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: