cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to see POE utilization on switch...which command

burleyman
Level 8
Level 8

I am trying to see the POE utilization on a switch....4506 and 3560....what command can I use to see what percent utilized. I can see it through the web interface but I want to see it through CLI.

Thanks,

Mike

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

show power inline

This will work on 3560 (and others - 2960, 3550, 3750). I think the same command will work on the 4500 but there may be some other sub-options as well.

HTH

Andy

View solution in original post

Mike,

I am unaware of a command that shows a percentage of power used/unavailable when it comes to PoE usage. I believe that is one of the benefits of the GUI to figure that information out for you. The "show power inline" will tell you the actual numbers of power you are using and the amount remaining. Please see the following output.

3750#sh pow inl

Module Available Used Remaining

(Watts) (Watts) (Watts)

------ --------- -------- ---------

1 370.0 6.3 363.7

Interface Admin Oper Power Device Class Max

(Watts)

--------- ------ ---------- ------- ------------------- ----- ----

Gi1/0/1 auto off 0.0 n/a n/a 15.4

Gi1/0/2 auto on 6.3 IP Phone 7960 n/a 15.4

Gi1/0/3 auto off 0.0 n/a n/a 15.4

HTH,

Mark

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

show power inline

This will work on 3560 (and others - 2960, 3550, 3750). I think the same command will work on the 4500 but there may be some other sub-options as well.

HTH

Andy

I knew that command but it does not give me what I need. I want to know what percentage I am using. All I see with that command is what port has what and how much that port is using. When I go in the web interface I see what percentage I am using.

Mike

Mike,

I am unaware of a command that shows a percentage of power used/unavailable when it comes to PoE usage. I believe that is one of the benefits of the GUI to figure that information out for you. The "show power inline" will tell you the actual numbers of power you are using and the amount remaining. Please see the following output.

3750#sh pow inl

Module Available Used Remaining

(Watts) (Watts) (Watts)

------ --------- -------- ---------

1 370.0 6.3 363.7

Interface Admin Oper Power Device Class Max

(Watts)

--------- ------ ---------- ------- ------------------- ----- ----

Gi1/0/1 auto off 0.0 n/a n/a 15.4

Gi1/0/2 auto on 6.3 IP Phone 7960 n/a 15.4

Gi1/0/3 auto off 0.0 n/a n/a 15.4

HTH,

Mark

Oh....I totally missed the first line with available...Used....and remaining....I feel like an idiot. I can figure the percentage from there....

Thanks,

Mike

Sorry you were right it was right there, not the percentage but the number I needed. I totally missed the line with Available...used...remaining.... sorry.

Thanks,

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card