cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 IP Phone not discovering

jain.nitin
Level 3
Level 3

Hi there, I have problem in finding IP phone in LMS Campus Manager. I can c phone in end host report but not in IP phone list. I have added Call Manager in Topology & its green color in Topology View. I have verified SNMP services on Call Manger its running & correctly configured. I am successfully able to do snmp walK to Call Manager..Please help me to get it solve.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Once CM 5.0.4 is installed, you will need to run a new Campus Data Collection followed by a new User Tracking acquisition. Then your IP phones should show up.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of Campus Manager, and what version of Call Manager? Are the IP phones showing up as regular end hosts in User Tracking?

I am running 5.0.1 vresion of campus manager & have 6.1.2 call manager. Yes I can c ip phone as regular end host in UT. We have Cisco Unified Communication Manager... I can c call manager in topology view as green icon with a ? sign...

You will need to upgrade to LMS 3.0.1 and Campus Manager 5.0.4 to support this version of CCM. Once that happens, the green '?' icon will be replaced with an Application Server icon. LMS 3.0.1 can be downloaded from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/lms301 , and CM 5.0.4 can be obtained through Common Services > Software Center > Software Update.

I am downloading the provided updates, apart from this anything else I have to do ?

Once CM 5.0.4 is installed, you will need to run a new Campus Data Collection followed by a new User Tracking acquisition. Then your IP phones should show up.

hi after applying Dec 2007 updates when I try to login into the LMS it says server not ready please wait..its stuck there

Post the output of the pdshow command as well as NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log.

Hi, I have done what ever you suggested but still i can not c the phones..

So I assume the server is working now? How does the Call Manager look on the Topology Map?

Hi, Yes I can c the phones when I do UT & selec IP Phone option..is it possible to c all these phone in topology view in network map

is there any possibility to add phones manually in topology view.. I can c all the devices icons in that except ip phone ? can I add any device manually in topology view..

No. IP phones do not have SNMP stacks, and thus will not appear on the Topology Map.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco