SSH issue with LMS 3.0

Unanswered Question
Jan 3rd, 2009

Hi, I am trying to SSH to devices from campus manager--->topology view but i get message "ssh client is not configured, go to control panel java plugin & configure ssh client. I did that but still I m getting same error again n again. I am using Java version 1.5.0 tried with 1.6 also but didnt work. Java 1.6 is not supported by LMS3.0 caz when I use java 1.6 then it says unsupported version of java..can any one help me on this?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Sat, 01/03/2009 - 15:05

This is fixed in CM 5.0.4. You will need to create a file in your home directory on the client. This file should have one line which defines the path to your SSH program. For example:

jain.nitin Sat, 01/03/2009 - 15:14

ok.. home directory of client means ?? you mean in windows or LMS home directory ?? can you please explain.?

Joe Clarke Sat, 01/03/2009 - 15:56

Your home directory on your client. For example, this may be C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME. If you start a DOS shell, it should start in your home directory.

richard.tetu Tue, 02/10/2009 - 08:08

One of my customer has a CM Version 5.1.1,He has put the path for his SSH program in same way.

He has an warning error , see the attachement file.

I have added the version of the applications in LMS .

There is maybe someting else that we don't understand or we missed under the configuration.

This Discussion