cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH issue with LMS 3.0

jain.nitin
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, I am trying to SSH to devices from campus manager--->topology view but i get message "ssh client is not configured, go to control panel java plugin & configure ssh client. I did that but still I m getting same error again n again. I am using Java version 1.5.0 tried with 1.6 also but didnt work. Java 1.6 is not supported by LMS3.0 caz when I use java 1.6 then it says unsupported version of java..can any one help me on this?

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is fixed in CM 5.0.4. You will need to create a campus.properties file in your home directory on the client. This file should have one line which defines the path to your SSH program. For example:

CMSSH=C:\\PROGRA~1\\PuTTY\\PuTTY.exe

ok.. home directory of client means ?? you mean in windows or LMS home directory ?? can you please explain.?

Your home directory on your client. For example, this may be C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME. If you start a DOS shell, it should start in your home directory.

Hello,

One of my customer has a CM Version 5.1.1,He has put the path for his SSH program in same way.

He has an warning error , see the attachement file.

I have added the version of the applications in LMS .

There is maybe someting else that we don't understand or we missed under the configuration.

Please start a new thread for your issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: