Views
Helpful
Replies

WDS problem

yuttana_su
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

First ,I'm sorry for my poor english.(Pls suggest me if it wrong or don't understand)

I had config my AP like this

- WPA+TKIP

- 802.1x ( PEAP , MS-CHAP-V2 )

- Radius IAS ( Win2003)

Now it's work fine, but when client roam to another AP session was disconnect because reauthentication process.

I read WDS for troubleshoot this problem,and try to config that but, it did not work.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many Thanks.

KO

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

When you configure your WLAN for WDS, you set up one device as the main WDS candidate and one or more additional devices as backup WDS candidates. If the main WDS device goes offline, one of the backup WDS devices takes the place of the main device.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_q_and_a_item09186a00804d4421.shtml#QA2

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

When you configure your WLAN for WDS, you set up one device as the main WDS candidate and one or more additional devices as backup WDS candidates. If the main WDS device goes offline, one of the backup WDS devices takes the place of the main device.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_q_and_a_item09186a00804d4421.shtml#QA2

I used to implement WDS before jumping into WLC arena, anyway the starting point it's a good roaming situation.

I had issues only with VoWifi device: during a conversation walking back and forth the company we suffered very short "black hole" but we never lost the connection at all.

With WDS we lowered the roaming and reassociation time so the voice experience is perfect.

With a laptop or and handheld device we never had issue with or without WDS.

Which kind of device are oyu using?

Hi messaggerielibri

Almost clients are laptop and I have no problem about wireless signal.

I had config 1st AP to WDS and 2nd AP regis to WDS ,but AP can't register. I checked username and password it is ok.

I'll config again.

Thanks

KO.

Hi smalkeric , thank you for your suggestion.

Wow! it's worked.

I have already done with WDS and work fine.

Thanks for your help and suggest.

KO

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card