cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity, back to the menu after reaching extension

pgamage
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I just want to know it is possible a caller to go back to the menu automatically if the extension is not answered. this is in unity 5.

6 Replies 6

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That depends on which menu you are talking about. There are various things you can use on a greeting for after greeting options on a subscriber. The questions is, do you ever want this to go to voice mail after the greeting? If you always want this to go back to the "menu" (whichever menu you are talking about) every time when the call is not answered, this can be done in the after greeting options. If you want something more granular, please give us more details.

Thanks!

Tray

Hi, this menu is used as the company incoming AA. not for voice mail. Play "press 1 for sales" then this call should reach sales group and CFNA within the group and if none of them answer, it should go back to the menu. so the user is able to choose other option. for eg press 0 for operator or press 2 for marketing.

Well with the limited info here, I would suspect that you would have a Call Handler for a sales team and if none of them answer, you set the greeting to blank and do an after greeting option to transfer it back to the AA.

Tray

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure if I'm interpreting your question properly (more detail would be helpful like Tray mentioned), but are you referring to hitting a Call Handler (or Opening Greeting, whatever), entering an extension to blind/supervised transfer to, it rings, and if the user doesn't pick up, roll back to the Call Handler (or Opening Greeting, whatever) that you were just on?

If the user is configured on the phone switch is configured for voice mail, its going to go to voice mail by design after a certain amount of rings.

Like I said, I'm not sure if this is what you meant by your initial question, but maybe that helps.

Brad

Hi,

Thats exactly I wanted. call handler send the call to the sales group, if no one answer, call should go back to the call handler again.

Thanks,

Ok so you need to have an after greeting setting to attempt forward to the Sales Call Handler.

Tray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: