cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager Configuration in India

mike.lo
Level 1
Level 1

we are planning to migrate avaya into cisco ip phone in Mumbai, India. i would like to ask whether there is a document of configuration note for CallManager (mainly css, partition and route pattern configure)?

6 Replies 6

iftikharsyed_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mike,

Broadly speaking, because of the Indian Regulation, you need to have a dual line phone, where Line 1 will be used for CUG calls only and Line 2 will be used for PSTN calls only.

In order to configure the restriction, Line 1 suhould be associated with let's say Partition CUG and Line 2 with Partition PSTN. These partitions with be a member of two different CSS, namely CSS CUG and CSS PSTN.

Each CSS will point to the individual gateway - CUG gateway and PSTN gateway.

HTH

-> Sushil

Just to add, the only phones you can use are 796x, 797x not the 7911 types due to the need to have two lines however this is only required if they have their own network out of India. The issue is that they do not want a company to break out of India using TEHO even manually i.e transfer between PSTN and Network or even conference. Also you need to make sure the conference, transfer etc partitions are not in both CSS if you use the two line approach. I think if the company does not have a network they can break out off then you should be ok with the 791x but if they then have a network these will not be allowed

Thanks for share.

For voice mail, my customer is using Unity 4.0. If I configure 2 lines in single phone, can we have single mailbox for 2 lines or I need to create 2 mailboxes for them?

You may be ok for the single VM box but you need to make sure that you can not break out of Unity - same rules apply

See attached - a pdf from Cisco re India- may help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: