Help,, how to study CCIE Service Provider Written exam

Unanswered Question
Jan 4th, 2009

I will be starting CCIE Service Provider but I don't know how do I study about CCIE SP.

yes,, I will take exam(CCIE SP written) end of this month.when I visited your web site, I just had confused because you have lots of coruse outline and objective. Which part do I have to study for obtain CCIE SP certification?

I work for Telecomm network(actually signal part). Please make a some advice or guideline for take exam on it.

If you can recommand some study material, please let me know the book name or your document ID number, and then I will visit book store or I will search your web document in your web site. Mr, I'm so sorry that I didn't know very well about CCIE SP. Even though I don't know exam part either.

thank you for your time and you have a good day.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
daifous_04 Mon, 01/05/2009 - 02:10

Hi Ahn,

check out this,

especially these:

# MPLS and VPN Architectures (Pepelnjak, Guichard, ISBN# 1587050021)

# MPLS and VPN Architectures, Volume II (Pepelnjak, Guichard, Apcar, ISBN# 1587051125)

# BGP Design and Implementation (Bartell, Zhang, ISBN# 1587051095)

# MPLS Configuration on Cisco IOS Software (Lakshman, Lobo, ISBN# 1587051990)

# Traffic Engineering with MPLS (Osborne, Simha, ISBN# 1587050315)

# IS-IS Network Design Solutions (Martey, ISBN# 1578702208)

# Layer 2 VPN Architectures (Luo, Pignataro, Chan, Bokotey, ISBN# 1587051680)

My personal advice is you should be able to handle routing protocols very well, knowing virtually every aspect of BGP/ISIS/OSPF, and MPLS/VPN of course, key part of the lab exam.

Do you know there is a Q&A about CCIE SP exam in ASK EXPERTS archived section?

You can find answer for questions have been asked just like yours.

One more thing, it's possible CsC and L2VPN may not be tested, but Inter-AS VPN(5 options) is not the one you want to overlook.

This Discussion