cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use password for users to make long distance call on Call Manager !!!!!!!!!

usman.amjad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using Call Manager 4.2 and I want to set up password protection for Long Distance/International Calls on Call Manager. Only users who know password can make these kinds calls.

I also have to check the FAC and CMC feature implement in Partation. but it is not fulfilling the requirement. it has the same password for all the users who is in this partation. I want to assign the different password to different users.

Can any body help me in this regard. I shall be very thankful for this help.

4 Replies 4

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Yes FAC, CMC is not very good. How many users you require to make long distance, int. calls You could create a separate Parttions pointing to duplicate route patterns for LD, Int for each user so they have individual RP for them with unique FAC, CMC - not nice or use a compnay I have used before caled Litescape who can integrate into CUCM creating indiviudal Codes, PINS per user based upon a common Route Pattern

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, sorry if I don't understand your question, but to assign a different password to each user with FAC, you can create a different FAC for each user, for example, the authorization code name can be the name of a user with his own code and authorization level, you can repeat these steps for each user in your company.

Hope this help.

David.

FAC only has 255 levels - is that an issue?

Hi, Authorization Level is a three-digit authorization level that exists in the range of 0 to 255; the default equals 0. The level that you assign to the authorization code determines whether the user can route calls through FAC-enabled route patterns. In order to successfully route a call, the user authorization level must equal or be greater than the authorization level that is specified for the route pattern for the call. Check this good document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a00807d11d4.shtml

Hope this help

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: