cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 2.1 Export Users to another 2.1 system

johnnywan
Level 1
Level 1

Our current setup is Unity Connection 2.1 > PIMG > Nortel Option 61.

We are standing up a Unity Connection lab VM slice. I need to export the users and data from the production 2.1 box and import into the newly installed 2.1 application on the lab VM slice. I have seen the migration utilities but noticed these say from Connection 1.X to 2.X. Can I use these utilities to accomplish what I want to do? Any assistance or information would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

there's no object migration tools that export from 2.1.

you can upgrade your 2.1 system to 7.0 and then you can use COBRAS for moving users and other objects around later this month when COBRAS export for 7.0 is released.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Tools like COBRAS can migrate objects (including users) From Unity 4.x and later or CUC 1.2 to Connection 7.x and later. The CSV based migration tool (which gets much less data) works only from Windows based Unity/Connection to CUC 2.x or 7.x.

There's no user migration tools that work exporting data from 2.1 however. The off box data access options on the platform (i.e. the OS mods) did not support everything necessary for tools like COBRAS to export/import with 2.0/2.1 platforms. Such access was not added until the 7.0(1) release.

Thanks for the information. So there is no way for me to export 2.1 users for import to another 2.1 box? How about exporting 2.1 users to import on a 7.0 box? I need clarification on this please.

there's no object migration tools that export from 2.1.

you can upgrade your 2.1 system to 7.0 and then you can use COBRAS for moving users and other objects around later this month when COBRAS export for 7.0 is released.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: