7940 phone resets when try to transfer a call

Unanswered Question
Jan 5th, 2009

When I am engaged in a call on my 7940 and wish to transfer a call. I press the transfer softkey and the phone resets. If anyone can give me some ideas and or solutions it would be greatly appreciated.

Overall Rating: 4 (3 ratings)
carenas123 Sun, 01/11/2009 - 13:49

Following guide line help you for transfer the call.

if user B has an active call on a particular line (from user A) and user B has not reached the maximum number of calls on this line, the Cisco Unified IP Phone provides a Transfer softkey to user B. If user B presses the Transfer softkey (or Transfer button, if available) once, user B receives dial tone and can make a secondary call: user B dials the number of a third-party (user C). Cisco Unified CallManager provides a Transfer softkey to user B again. If user B presses the Transfer softkey again (or Transfer button, if available), the transfer operation completes.

With the onhook call transfer implementation, user B can hang up after dialing the number of user C, and the transfer completes. Both the existing and new implementations work in the case of a blind transfer (user B disconnects before user C answers) and also in the case of a consult transfer (user B waits for user C to answer and announces the call from user A).

The previous implementation remains unchanged: user B can press the Transfer softkey twice to complete the transfer.

Nicholas Matthews Sun, 01/11/2009 - 15:08

Have you tried upgrading the firmware on the phone to the latest released on Cisco.com?

If it is still doing this on the latest, try backing up about 2-3 loads.

hth,

nick

Actions

This Discussion