Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect Image

HELP!

I tried to enable anyconnect on my ASA 5520, but it want an image to enable it. SEE ATTACHMENT... what image is it looking for? Or what kind, format, etc?

19 Replies 19

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

The image file output is simply asking you to define anyconnect images, for eample you can have installed in ASA anyconnect packages for various OS platforms XP,VISTA, Lynux OSs, when you create SSL vpn tunnel in ASA client can login and invoke annyconnect client installation for that client and have the user/client run/install the package.

You can download annyconnect client packages in this link, requires CCO login

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/asa

in ablove link pick Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client for use with ASA 8.0+ area, you will find latest release for all OS platforms

MAC Os, Vista, XP, Linux etc..

Annyconnect automatic installation instructions via ASA firewall - See annyconnect Client installation mid page down

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/asa/asa80/asdm60/ssl_vpn_deployment_guide/deploy.html#wp1221391

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

so its not looking for an actual picture or image, like jpeg or bmp? Rather an ISO or something?

Thats correct, read the second link I posted, it provides detail information on how to installed the annyconnect packages, the packages are for clients installation similar to Cisco VPN client installation, but rather SSL annyconnect client .

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

I dont have a CCO so i cant login to that, however, can i still just get the anyconnect image anyway? I know the ASA comes with two liceses, which is all i need becuase we have only one MAC user offsite who needs to access.

For clienless SSL Webvpn then that is different, u do not need annyconnect.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00806ea271.shtml

Regards

PLS rate any helpful posts

Jorge Rodriguez

we already have clientless installed, but cant get it to work on MAC, so I thought that installing the Anyconnect Client on there would help? Maybe i am just lost. I dont know.

AS far as I know Webvpn is not MAC based, perhaps we are both confused :)

When you said MAC I hope is not MAC address but MACintosh OS client, if so they should be able to just fire up their browser and connect to your network .

Jorge Rodriguez

i actually have the Client downloaded on my PC. DO i just need to upload to the ASA? If so, which one of the following files do it need to point the image to on the ASA? SEE ATTACHMENT

Whhen you said MAC I hope is not MAC address but MACintosh OS client, if so they should be able to just fire up their browser and connect to your network .

[edit]

Lets slow down a bit, what is your requirements, initially you have asked about annyconnect, but you indicated that you want just SSL webvpn, even though both SSL Webvpn

and Annyconnect are SSL technologies both have different deployement scenarios.

So if you just want to use the 2 free clientless licenses for two outside connections via Web browser follow the link I provided configuring SSL webVPN that is all you need for any OS platform capable to have a web browser that also support SSL.

Jorge Rodriguez

ok lets start over :)...

My understanding is that the CLIENT version, (not clientless) anyconnect will allow anyone with the Client installed to access our VPN correct?

If so, i would like to use the anyconnect program to allow anyone with the actual client configured to access our network, reguardless of what platform they are on. Make sense?

My understanding is that the CLIENT version, (not clientless) anyconnect will allow anyone with the Client installed to access our VPN correct?

Correct !

i would like to use the anyconnect program to allow anyone with the actual client configured to access our network, reguardless of what platform they are on. Make sense?

Indeed makes sence, however, when using annyconnect client you are still bound to use proper client for respective OS platform .

In addition you need to purchase SSL licenses becuse Annyconnect is SSL based and is tread it as such. You can buy the SSL license in a block of either 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, 750, 1000, 2500, and 5000 depending on your ASA5500 platform.

It took my a while to responce to your last post becuase I was actually testing Annyconnect connections using the 2 free licenses.. 3rd connection was not allowed due to license limitations.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

Thank you!

One more question...

since we do have the two free connections, would the any connect work on those? OR does it only work when you buy in bulk? (10,20..etc?)

As long the connection does not exceed 2 Annyconnect will work, but lest say that you allow SSL clientless webvpn and have two Webvpn connections and then want to have a 3rd user connect using Annyconnect it will not work, until one of those SSL clientless connection is finished then the Annyconnect will work. The same way around two Annyconnect clients are allowed.

Regards

PLS rate any helpful posts

Jorge Rodriguez

Thank you. I appreciate all your help. I wil rate you 5. I just dont have the image to put on there to actually enable the anyconnect connection.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: