Which book to read for 642-504 - SNRS

Unanswered Question
Jan 5th, 2009
User Badges:

I'm schedule for some training for the SNRS course in April, but would like to start reading the book on this course. I can't seem to find anything. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
crow930us Mon, 01/05/2009 - 13:20
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

There should be a course study guide titled "Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches" that you can buy on the internet. Unfortunately, outside of the CCNP courses, I've found a hard time finding quality books outside of the Cisco course guides which help for any of the other professional level courses.

Nitin_Dewan07 Fri, 01/09/2009 - 00:44
User Badges:

Look out for 642-502 / 503 handbook or a pdf version and start reading it. Most of the course and exam topics are similar except a few. The newer version of 504 exam does not have detailed AAA and a handful of VPN / IOS firewall CLI config stuff.

Perhaps if you are unable to fetch the book from anywhere, start reading on how Cisco can mitigate layer 2 attacks and on the ASA technology.

Cheers !

Kevin

Consultant (Network and Info Sec)

surama123 Fri, 01/30/2009 - 03:57
User Badges:

Hi,

I'm in the same boat. I just did the study using the 503 and 502 materials and I failed the exam! Let that be a warning to you!

I am a bit annoyed at cisco for retiring exams and releasing new ones without any self study material being available.

This seems expecially problematic in Security where we are all trying to hit a moving target!

Let me know what you find out and I will keep looking also.

Brgds,

Ian

Actions

This Discussion