cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME Config Archive problems

Jason Fraioli
Level 3
Level 3

I have 13 devices running 12.1(22)EA11. These devices report successful config collections.

I have 29 devices running 12.2(44)SE, and one device running 12.2(33)SXH2. These devices are configured the same as the 13 that are working, however, RME cannot archive the config on these devices.

The other odd thing is that I have 43 devices listed in the "Inventory Collected" area, but I only have 13 devices in the "Config Archive" section. In the "Failed to Collect" field, it says 0. So I have inventory collections from all 43 devices, but only 13 config archives.

Is this an IOS related issue? How can I diagnose?

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Enable ArchiveMgmt Service debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Application Loglevel Settings, run a collection job against ONE failing device, and check the dcmaservice.log for errors.

Thanks Jclarke I'll do that. One other thing I am noticing is that for the 13 devices which do archive, they are all showing as out of sync. When I look at the sync diff, it is not showing the SSL cert (the one created when you run "crypto key generate rsa general-keys modulus 1024") in the left column (startup config) side. Is there any work around for that?

How do you run a collection on one device? Maybe I am not in the right spot.

I am under Admin->Config Mgmt->Archive Mgmt->Collection Settings.

I don't see anywhere to create a custom collection job.

RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt > Sync Archive.

ok I see 4 lines where I started the job.

[ Tue Jan 06 07:56:40 CST 2009 ],INFO ,[Thread-22],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.ConfigManager,updateArchive,1839,Sync Archive for 1 devices - Sync Archive

[ Tue Jan 06 07:56:40 CST 2009 ],INFO ,[Thread-22],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.ConfigManager,updateArchive,1853,Number of devices in fetch Q = 40

[ Tue Jan 06 07:56:40 CST 2009 ],INFO ,[Thread-22],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.ConfigManager,addToDeviceIdToReqIdMap,2175,Device Id 9 already in Q

[ Tue Jan 06 07:56:40 CST 2009 ],DEBUG,[Thread-22],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.CfgThreadManager,triggerConfigFetch,40,Config fetch request received

After that, no errors, just a ton of debugs containing the following.

[ Tue Jan 06 07:56:45 CST 2009 ],DEBUG,[Thread-23],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.ConfigManager,getStatusOfRequest,929,Total devices due for reqId = 1231250200879 is 1

It looks like you're seeing a known bug. What version of RME is this, and on what platform?

RME 4.1.0 on Windows Server 2003 SP2

Have you applied any patches for RME?

No sir, it is fresh from the DVD install. Is there a procedure to upgrade from the LMS portal or will I need access to a CCO account to get the updates?

Then you may have a new bug, or you may be hitting CSCsv95235. You'll need to open a TAC service request, and get a full thread dump of the ConfigMgmtServer process to confirm. In any event, you'll need to upgrade to LMS 3.0.1 to get a patch.

Upgrades require a Cisco.com account. LMS 3.0.1 can be downloaded from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/lms301 , and software and device updates on top of that can be obtained through Common Services > Software Center.