WCS License Issue

Unanswered Question

How can I check the WCS license that is registered vs the license that is installed? I believe that a WCS-APLOC-100 license was purchased. When I check the license on WCS it shows "Plus" as the type. There is no mention of "Location". I have no "Location" tab on my WCS page. The only tabs on my WCS screen are Monitor - Reports - Configure - Mobility - Administration - Tools - Help. I am using WCS version 5.2.110.0 with a 4400 Controller version 5.1.151.0 and a 2710 Location Appliance version 5.2.91.0. Any information on how to get the "Location" piece enabled would be greatly appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Matthew Ratliff Tue, 01/06/2009 - 06:47

The "PLUS" piece allows you to track location of a single wifi device...(limited location).

The Cisco Wireless Location Appliance must be deployed in conjunction with a properly licensed Cisco WCS.

sschmidt Tue, 01/06/2009 - 12:41

Plus includes the location feature. The location servers are added under the mobility tab. You can choose to add a location server or an MSE. Your output from Help > Licensing should be similar to this:

License Information*

space

Host: XXXX

Type: Plus

AP Count: 100

Registered APs: 0

Percent of AP Licenses Used: 0%

Spectrum Expert: Licensed

That is what my output looks like (I have 12 AP's registered). I have added the location appliance through the "MOBILITY" tab. WCS appears to be communicating with the 2710. I have no "LOCATION" tab on the front page of WCS. Is there separate software for WCS Location and WCS Standard? I hope that I am not missing something obvious.

sschmidt Tue, 01/06/2009 - 13:11

Location tab was changed to Mobility tab. It was just a rename to prepare for the Mobility features they are adding.

Actions

This Discussion