Views
Helpful
Replies

FreeFTPd and WIndows 2003 Server

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Guys,

I seem to have an issue getting the Callmanager Disaster Recovery to connect to a FreeFTP connection on a windows 2003 server. I can connect to the SFTP server using Filezilla from my laptop and another user can do the same using WinSCP using the username/password configured for callmananer and the correct root directory appears.

But for some reason CallManager is having none of it.Anyone had issues using W2K3 and FreeFTP in the past. I ran a backup to my laptop in the end (win XP) so wonder is there are issues with W2K3

cheers

Paul

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have it at few environments without issues, make sure your setup is correct, enable logging on freeFTPd and review them, they are pretty good.

HTH,

Chris

Looks like I will have to check the logs, I have it on other 2003 machines and the old server was 2003 as well, but looking at the Freeftpd forum there are some indications that 2003 had some issues. So just wanted to check other guys comments, thanks again Chris

Paul

Hi Paul

A customer of me has used the FreeFTPd on W2k3 as well. At first it didn't work when the FreeFTP service was running as Local System. Since they changed it to run under a normal account, it works without any problems.

Are you running it uner Local System?

Regards

Stefan

Stefan,

thanks for the information I will check with the guy that looks after the server as I dont have access. I will let you know

Many thanks

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: