cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM and CCME Testing Tools

exonetinf1nity
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings, im aware that companies such as Cisco and Miercom use several tools for load testing of Routing and IPT line of products, SimClient, CallGen and Chariot to name a few.

Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase any of these tools or if they are avaliable to partners for inhouse testing purposes.

Regards

7 Replies 7

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

Thank you for the link, it definately helps when putting together test scenarios.

Regards

Hello exonetinf1nity,

Commonly speaking if you ask your Cisco, Systems Engineer assigned to your account or your Account Manager (basically to locate your Systems engineer) they can provide these tools if you are partner, from what I can remember the TAC guys also have access to the tool but they will probaly won't be able to give it to you.

Sorry I forgot to say that they tool used is CallGen.

Hi,

Yes, callgen is a Cisco-internal tool that we use for testing. Unfortunately, like pagent, it's a Cisco only tool.

I know that some groups also use a tool called Abacus, but don't know more details than that.

hth,

nick

Very useful information guys, im currently waiting to here back from our internal SE, i had a feeling that most if not all such tools would be for inhouse use only.

Regards

Hello Nicholas,

I'm looking for someone within Cisco to get in touch about callgen licensing. Do you know someone or is it discontinued because my local Cisco SE cant find anyone?

Many thanks,
Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: