cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

put caller in fromt of queue via thier Phone number

danymora17
Level 1
Level 1

Will someone point me in the right direction or show me an example on how to make a caller if they call from a certain phone number and put them in front of the queue if there are calls waiting in front of him. This would put the caller next in line. I am running IPCC express 4.x Enhanced version. Thanks so much

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First you will need to analyze the number, depending on how many numbers you need to be looking at you may need db dips, or if it's simply one number you can set it as varaible in the script. Using "get call contact info" step you can obtain the calling number, compare it against your expected number and if they match set the Priority to be higher than other calls using the set priority step.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Cderen.

I need atleast 15 numbers to look at and We only have the express enhanced version with no access to a DB. Is there a way I can do this without having a DB?

I would recommend using an XML file to store the preferred numbers, then writing a subscript that takes the current calling number as an arguement, checks it against the XML and returns a particular value if the customer should be preferred.

I'm using an XML file to store the holiday schedule for our call centers. This at least is an example of reading data in from an XML. The subscript that I call from all of my scripts is attached.

We do this today for Emergency Management officals to reach our contact center. Our script is simple because we have only 1 number to assign priority to. Here is a description and the steps:

First, we created a string variable called CC_CalledNumber and assigned it a value from the 'Called Number' using the 'Get Call Contact Info' step of the "Triggering Contact". This looks like this in the script:

CC_CalledNumber = Get Call Contact Info(--Triggering Contact--, Called Number)

Then check the value of CC_CalledNumber like this:

If ((CC_CalledNumber =="1234567890")) Then

True

Set Priority (--Triggering Contact--, Assign: 10)

False

Be sure you know what you're getting from the telco and that the number you specify matches that. In our case, we only get the last 4 digits, so the number were matching is only 4 digits long.

XML is a great option if you have 15 numbers, but if you have a high availability configuration (multiple UCCX or IPCC servers) be sure to add the XML file to your repository so it is replicated between all servers. If this is not done your script will break if a failover occurs. Otherwise, you have to be sure to place the file on every server and update it on every server each time there is a change.

As said previously, be sure the priority you assign to these numbers is HIGHER than any other assignments you are performing and be sure to lookup the default priority (I think it's 1) and go higher than that.

Hi Daniel, This worked good. I got it to work using 1 number and your above example. Now all I need to do is see if I can get it working using the xml sample above. BTW i used CC_CalledNumber = Get Call Contact Info(--Triggering Contact--, Calling Number)

calling number to display the number who is calling.

Thanks again.

Just be sure "Calling Number" is what you want. I believe that is the "Caller ID" of the person calling. In our case, we wanted to assign priority based on the number the caller dialed, that is why we chose the "Called Number."

Thanks, we are a incoming call Center, I needed the calling number.

Now I am trying to do this via XML and having trouble doing so. I am trying to follow the script from above but no go. I will keep on trying.

Hello ccharlebois, I am trying to follow your attached script but I cannot make it work with my xml doc. I am viewing the getting started with scripts manual but it is not detailed when trying to use xml. I have my xml doc as this

If I am reading your script correctly, I have to create an xml doc? then open it and then close it?

Maybe If I can see how your xml is strucutred I can follow it better. Thanks for any help on this.

I'm using a similar script and assume he's using an xml file similar to what is attached here. HTH.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: