cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 valid configuration ?

littledavewhite
Level 1
Level 1

i have a client that wants to use a vg224 with sccp and h323. The sccp so that features can be used on 20 of the ports and 4 remaining ports for T38 FAX using H323, does anybody know if this is a valid configuration when the gateway is specified as sccp in callmanager, will configuring the last 4 ports as H323 have any issues?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

This is absolutely valid. When you configure an H323 gateway in CCM you do two things:

Enable inbound H323 calls from that IP address to CUCM

Enable outbound H323 calls to that IP address from CUCM

It's not like MGCP where there is registration and persistent messaging.

There will be no issues as this, as the VG224 is just an IOS gateway. IOS gateways can handle SIP/H323/MGCP/SCCP all on the same gateway without problems.

hth,

nick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

This is absolutely valid. When you configure an H323 gateway in CCM you do two things:

Enable inbound H323 calls from that IP address to CUCM

Enable outbound H323 calls to that IP address from CUCM

It's not like MGCP where there is registration and persistent messaging.

There will be no issues as this, as the VG224 is just an IOS gateway. IOS gateways can handle SIP/H323/MGCP/SCCP all on the same gateway without problems.

hth,

nick

thanks nick just the info i was after.

Hi Nick,

I have VG224 that is configured as SCCP and H323 GW towards the fax server (Rightfax)using fax protocol t38. And I have problems with sending and receiving those faxes. I configured fax protocol t38 under voice service voip.

Should I configure something else?

I tried to send fax to the other fax connected on ATA and that went fine (also vice verse).

Would it be better maybe to use MGCP between VG224 and CM?

Thx,

Jelena

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: