CME instead of SRST

Answered Question
Jan 6th, 2009
User Badges:

I haven't tried this yet, but was just wondering if there are any gotchas/issues when using CME instead of SRST. I was specifically thinking about 2 points:

1) Do you need to ensure the phone loads in CME are the same as CM, or wouldn't it cause the phones to upgrade/downgrade each time if not.

2) Swapping to CME should be straight forward, but how does a phone swap back. Would it still check its primary CM list even though registered with CME. Or would I just create a list in CME that had the CM as primary?

Correct Answer by Chris Deren about 8 years 4 months ago

1. Don't setup tftp on CME, this way the current phone load from CM will be used

2. It works the same way as normal SRST does, when a CM becomes available the phone will wait 120 seconds (default) to register back with it.

HTH,

Chris

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Chris Deren Tue, 01/06/2009 - 09:12
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Contact Center, Unified Communications

1. Don't setup tftp on CME, this way the current phone load from CM will be used

2. It works the same way as normal SRST does, when a CM becomes available the phone will wait 120 seconds (default) to register back with it.

HTH,

Chris

billybjo1 Tue, 01/06/2009 - 09:15
User Badges:

great thanks. I think I only just realised there is actually a CME-SRST feature, whereas I was thinking about normal CME.

loganseth Mon, 09/14/2009 - 13:26
User Badges:

what is this cme-srst feature you speak of? sounds intriguing...

Actions

This Discussion