cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME instead of SRST

billybjo1
Level 3
Level 3

I haven't tried this yet, but was just wondering if there are any gotchas/issues when using CME instead of SRST. I was specifically thinking about 2 points:

1) Do you need to ensure the phone loads in CME are the same as CM, or wouldn't it cause the phones to upgrade/downgrade each time if not.

2) Swapping to CME should be straight forward, but how does a phone swap back. Would it still check its primary CM list even though registered with CME. Or would I just create a list in CME that had the CM as primary?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Don't setup tftp on CME, this way the current phone load from CM will be used

2. It works the same way as normal SRST does, when a CM becomes available the phone will wait 120 seconds (default) to register back with it.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Don't setup tftp on CME, this way the current phone load from CM will be used

2. It works the same way as normal SRST does, when a CM becomes available the phone will wait 120 seconds (default) to register back with it.

HTH,

Chris

great thanks. I think I only just realised there is actually a CME-SRST feature, whereas I was thinking about normal CME.

what is this cme-srst feature you speak of? sounds intriguing...

Hi,

You can read from here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesrst.html

Hope it helps, if it does please rate.

Best regards,

- Adrián

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: