Cisco 4404 WLC with AP1242 Acer Travelmate280 connection issues

Unanswered Question
Jan 6th, 2009

I have a new installation of Cisco 4404 WLC with Cisco 1242 AP's. This customer has 48 Acer Travelmate 280 lap tops with Lan-express 802.11 pci built in wireless cards. These are older and will only support WEP or open So i built a SSID just for these. I am having connection issues with these laptops sometimes they will connect for a couple minutes and drop off others wont even connect and some of the lap tops loose there wireless adapter cant even see it in network connections I am leaning to this beeing a client issue but they were working fairly stable on a DLink wireless network prior to installing this new Cisco WLC.

has anyone out there seen this same issue or any suggestions

also the wireless driver is 2.1.0 and i cant find anything newer out there.

thanks in advance for all your help

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

You might try stripping down the 'enterprise' settings from the WLAN these reside on. Get rid of all of the fancy stuff.. DHCP REQUIRED, Aieronet extentions, Client exclusion, MFP and so on. Strip the WLAN down as far as possible & re-test. In particular, DHCP REQUIRED causes us all kinds of issue with various client of, lets just say 'dubious' quality in our healthcare environment.

Hope it helps. Let me know if this works for you.

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode