cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAVE-274 - Configure more than one virtual blade?

lanstreamer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - anyone know how to configure more than one virtual blade on a WAVE-274?

The datasheet at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/contnetw/ps5680/ps6474/data_sheet_c78-495801.html says that I should be able to configure 2 blades with 0.5G of RAM per virtual blade but I'm struggling to do this.

The CLI on the WAVE only lets me create virtual-blade 1. The GUI on the WAAS central manager will let me try and create a second but these commands get rejected when they make it to the WAVE.

I'm on Release 4.1.1c (build b16 Nov 5 2

008)

Looks to me that the data sheet is wrong.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks alot.

3 Replies 3

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Currently the software only allows VBs of 1 GB of memory, which limits you to 1 VB (which is required for Windows) on the 274. In future releases of WAAS, they will open it up for 512 MB blades (I believe this will be in 5.1.3).

Thanks,

Dan

Thanks very much - the particular software release that I'm running does let me configure 512 MB blades however - but only one of them. I'll let my account manager know that the data sheet, at least at current levels, is misleading.

ttrwave01#show virtual-blade

Virtual-blade resources:

VB Memory: 512MiB configured, 512MiB available.

VB Disk space: 36GiB configured, 17GiB available.

VB Image space /local1/vbs: 2508MiB used, 20014MiB available

CPU(s) assigned: 2

Virtual-blade(s) state:

virtual-blade 1 is running

Hi

we have the same issue and asked our cisco guys. The Software release supporting this will released around march 2009 they say.

cheers Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: