cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using GETIF to monitor PRI B channel usage

phretbored
Level 1
Level 1

Has anybody used GETIF to monitor PRI B channel usage?

I have GETIF running and I can see all of the PRI channels.

What I need to do is load the correct MIBs into GETIF so I can see the state of the PRI B channels.

I downloaded and installed several MIBs into GETIF but it is not quite working right.

The routers are 3825 and 2821 platforms and I believe either the CISCO-ISDN-MIB and the CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB or both are supported in the IOS versions we are running.

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

3 Replies 3

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

- RTMT tool only makes PRI channel monitoring with MGCP gateways.

- Check CDR analysis and reporting but the gateway search results is not what customer needs.

AFAIK I can't get the PRI channel usage with RTMT because we are using H323 gateways.

The CDR does not give me any useful reports about specific channel usage.

On another thread here on NETPRO I found a link to a great 3rd party MIB tool called GETIF.

Now I have GETIF setup and loaded with the necessary MIBS.

GETIF can connect to my router(s) and display information.

The MIB I am trying to use is the CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB.

However GETIF is not displaying the data that I need even though.

I am wondering if there might be some additional snmp configuration I need on the router so GETIF can display cpmDS1ActiveDS0s or cpmDS1ActiveDS0sHighWaterMark or something of that nature.

Is there some kind of polling or whatever that I need to enable on the router so GETIF will be able to capture and display the data I am looking for?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: