cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat 3550 utlization

prekursor
Level 1
Level 1

I pressed the switch mode button to display switch utilization and 47 lights lit up.

Correct me if I am wrong but 48 lights means 100%.I have only 2 servers connected to that switch. 1 is using 100 Mb port the 2nd one is using 1Gb port.

There is also one 1Gb uplink connected to some other switch. If all of the servers were using full available bandwidth, they could only use 4.2 Gbps and I believe 3550 has a fabric capable of doing 10.8Gb. If this is true, there should only be 20 LED's turned on.

Unless I am getting close to the pps limit.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

See if any ports are truly busy . Use the show controllers utilization" command.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

See if any ports are truly busy . Use the show controllers utilization" command.

great this is the command I was looking for

Switch fabric utilization shows 0. and utilization of one Gig port is 8.

Thanks.

is there similar command for Cat4500 SupIV (IOS)?

Not that I have seen . All standalone switches 3750,3550,3560,2950,2960 , blade switches use it but any chassis based switch does not have something like this that I have seen and I have gone looking for an equivalent because I find it very useful . Wish they did , its a simple screen to look at and get an idea what is going on for all port utilization . They should figure out a way to do this on chassis based switches.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco