cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I create tranfer and Park buttons on the 7914 expansion

jack-bridwell
Level 1
Level 1

I just recieved a new 7914 Expansion Module for the 7960 phone, I need to create the soft keys for transfer and hold on the hard buttons on the expansion How do I do this

3 Replies 3

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

versions of cucm please

4.1 CUCM

Hi Jack,

To setup this configuration you require the Programmable Line Key (PLK) feature which was not added to CUCM until the 6.x version release;

Programmable Line Keys

Cisco Unified IP Phones support line buttons (the buttons to the right of the display), which are used to initiate, answer, or switch to a call on a particular line. A limited number of features, such as speed dial, extension mobility, privacy, BLF speed dial, DND, and Service URLs, get assigned to these buttons.

The Programmable Line Key (PLK) feature expands the list of features that can be assigned to the line buttons to include features that softkeys normally control; for example, New Call, Call Back, End Call, and Forward All. When you configure these features on the line buttons, they always remain visible, so you can have a "hard" New Call key.

Programmable line keys support up to 27 features on line buttons

Redial

Yes

Hold

Yes

Transfer

Yes

Privacy

Yes

Forward All

Yes

Meet Me

Yes

Conference

Yes

Park

Yes

Pickup

Yes

Group Call Pickup

Yes

Malicious Caller ID (MCID)

Yes

Conf List

Yes

Remove Last Participant

Yes

QRT

Yes

Call Back

Yes

Other Call Pickup

Yes

Video Mode

Yes

New Call

Yes

End Call

Yes

HLog (Hunt Group)

Yes

Mobility

Yes

Settings

No, uses existing button

Information

No, uses existing button

Services

No, uses existing button

No, uses existing button

Directories

No, uses existing button

AppMenu

No, uses existing button

Headset

No, uses existing button

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmsys/a08ipph.html#wp1129228

The programmable line feature does not affect the existing softkey functionality. Softkeys still display as required and will continue to be specific to the state of the phone (for example, making a call, being in a call, navigating the Services menu).

If a feature is already assigned to a programmable line key, it can also appear as a softkey (and vice versa).

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: