cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mails need to be Triggerd when clients Fails authentication

mvnaveenforever
Level 1
Level 1

CISCO 4404 ALERTS TO BE GENERATED(mail has to be triggerred) WHEN WLAN CLIENT AUTHENTICATION FAILS.

Is there are any options on WCS to enable Authentication Failure on WCS.

I have already Enabled

1.Client authentication failure Alarm and Authentication failure reported by controller & configured both severity to Critical.

we are currently Using Wireless Control System Version 5.1.64.0

5 Replies 5

sschmidt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume you mean you changed the severity for "Client authentication failure" to Critical under Administration > Settings > Severity Configuration?

Did you also go to Monitor Alarms > pulldown and choose Email Notification and enable the Clients category with the checkbox and then click the Clients category and check the critical box and add your email address?

Have you verified that a test mail works from Administration > Settings > Mail server?

Yes,i have followed the same path as u have mentioned.

In Monitor alarms>Pulldown and choosed email notification but there is NO OPTION Available to Enable client category.

You are correct that it is not there. After further research this is the response I received:

"Email notification was primarily added for WCS alerts. WCS generates

events for client traps (since those are mainly informational events)

and that is the reason why there is no email notification support for

client category."

If this is a business need it would need to go through the account team as an enhancement request.

okie..Thank you for your update.

My actual requirement is If the user tries to authenticate and his account gets locked out.Can Those notification can be genrated in WCS... is it possible?

According to my knowledge user getting locked out after few tries is depedent on AD.nothing to do with WCS right?

Yes the lockout is a function of the authentication server.

Those messages would still fall under the client category and the original problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: