cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM redundancy for EM service.

jaiswalok
Level 1
Level 1

I want to make sure that when my publisher is down than EM service should query subscriber...

How ever i don't have provision to do the DNS changes....

So i tried to enable 2 EM service on publisher by putting "@" in between the two service XML URL below is the e.g. of it

http://10.1.1.45:8080/ccmcip/getservicesmenu.jsp@@http://10.1.1.60:8080/ccmcip/getservicesmenu.jsp

but that also didn't work...

so wht i have left now is i can do a load balancing on switch or router...but i have only 2811 router...

so can i do a load balancing on 2811 router...also if answer is yes than which version of IOS i require.....

and if is there is any other options available than please let me know.....

2 Replies 2

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

Prior to 6.0, we relied completely on the publisher for EM, so the redundancy story was simple - everything on one node. Now that the Publisher is no longer a single point of failure for EM and login/logouts can be done on any node in the cluster, there are two things that must be considered for EM redundancy beginning with CM 6.0: IP Phone Services menu and the EM login/logout phone service.

IOS Server Load Balancing (SLB) - Where an IOS box front-ends CM servers such that all requests for phone services menu and EM login/logout service are sent to the IOS box which distributes the requests to the CM nodes in the cluster. This provides the ability to either load balance or bypass a node failure. Thus the Services URL for the IP Phone services menu (when you push the Services button on a phone) as well as the EM URL for the EM phone services are pointing to the IP/hostname of the IOS box. In this way, a failure of a node can be routed around on the fly and because in 6.0 EM logins are done at the local node, redundancies for all aspects of EM are possible.

Hi drolemc,

Thanks for ur reply.. However i want to tell u that we have only 2811 router here. And as far as i know IOS loadbalancing can be done on 3600 series routers, or 7200 series router.. or may be with cat 6500 series switches...

So can i do load balancing with Cisco 2811 router also... Also i dont have provision to do changes in DNS...

looking for the reply