Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM2.0.12 error aad.log

steffen.plorin
Level 1
Level 1

Happy new one to all,

may I ask for a problem with error message from fault manager An exception occurred.

Please check the AAD.log file for further details.

this is in the log:

28-Nov-2008|15:04:31.915|ERROR|AAD|Ajp13Processor[9009][3]|EPMAdaptor|addClear|.|The Alarm Object state is set to cleared

07-Jan-2009|09:20:19.068|ERROR|AAD|Ajp13Processor[9009][8]|EventProperties|getEventDetails|.|java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:393)

at com.cisco.nm.trx.afd.EventRenderer.EventProperties.getEventDetails(EventProperties.java:71)

at com.cisco.nm.trx.afd.Action.AFDEventAttributesAction.perform(AFDEventAttributesAction.java:76)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionPerform(ActionServlet.java:1786)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1585)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:491)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2417)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)

at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.process(Ajp13Processor.java:457)

at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.run(Ajp13Processor.java:576)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

may some one can help me

Danke Gruss Steffen

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You can try reinitializing the EPM database:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

View solution in original post

If AAD is working now, and you're getting new events, then there is no reason to look at the logs.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This looks like an AdapterServer failure. Please post the output of the pdshow command.

He JClarke,

here is the pdshow output

Gruss Steffen

Please post the entire AAD.log.

He JClarke,

here is the complete AAD.log

Gruss Steffen

Please post the logs under NMSROOT/log/dfmLogs/epa and EPM.

Guten Morgen JClarke,

here we are

Gruss Steffem

This is starting to look like a database problem. What happened on the server prior to you getting these errors?

He JClarke,

danke.

The latest things what I have done was the update to CWDFM 2.0.12 and CWCM 4.0.12

But I really not sure if this was happens before.

Do you know how to clear the database ?

Gruss Steffen

You can try reinitializing the EPM database:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

He JClarke,

do I need to stop the CWM Domaens before reinitializing or does they need to run when I do so ?

Gruss Steffen

You will need to stop the Daemon Manager. The script will not run otherwise.

He JClarke,

I have done what you suggested, looks to me I dont get the error message anymore for the moment.

Do you need more output like actual AAD.log for checking twice ?

Danke Gruss Steffen

If AAD is working now, and you're getting new events, then there is no reason to look at the logs.

He JClarke,

yes there are no new messages in AAD.log and I get the events.

Cool Danke Gruss Steffen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: