Views
Helpful
Replies

MTP problem with gateway h.323

ribola
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured a gateway h.323 (E1 on Router 2801) and weekly happens that not works transfer. Then also the outcoming call is not possible. The logs indicate a problem on mtp (MtpNoMoreResourcesAvailable), but I,' ve few IP-Phone (about 50 ip-phone) and I've set the "service parameters - ip media streaming appl - MTP call count" at value=300.

Change this paramenters temporarily solves the problem.

Can you help me ? Thanks

11 Replies 11

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, check if your phones and gateway has a assigned a Media Resources.

Hope this help

David

Yes, I' ve assigned all phones and gateway at device-pool with have media resource group list set. In MRGL there are MRG for MTP, MOH, ANN and CFB.

Lorenzo

Hi Tim, do you have a hardware resources configured in your CCM? If yes, please assign it to your current Media Resource.

Hope this help

David

Yes, I' ve configured HW media resource but is not assigned with media resource group, but are in the default group.

The max number of calls is low, about 10-15 calls simultaneous ... The service parameters - number of calls is set to 300...

Lorenzo

Hi, also you can verify if you have checked the MTP Required in your Gateway page configuration.

Hope this help

David.

Yes, I've checked this flag during initial configuration of the gateway.

Hi, when this message "MtpNoMoreResourcesAvailable" was present in my network it was because a lack of DSP resources to perform the required function. This could occur because the device that requires the resource does not have any available in the MRGL it has been configured with.

So, i assigned to my phones and my gateway a MRGL that include hardware and software resources.

Let me know your results.

David.

Hi,

I've probably encountered a known bug CSCsj19370 (MTP not released) fixed in ver. 6.1.3 (actually I have 6.1.2.1000.13).

I'll try the upgrade.

Hi Lorenzo

Why do you actually need the "MTP Required" setting in the gateway config on CallManager.

Normal PSTN calls should work without the MTP. The MTP setting was used in early CallManager version when CallManager only understood H.323 v1. At least since CM4.x you don't need MTP Required for H.323 Gateways. You only need it for Outbound Early Media.

Regards

Stefan

Without this setting, I had one way voice and hold/transfer not work.

Lorenzo

Hi,

the problems seems resolved with upgrade to version 6.1.(3).

I' ve also unchecked "MTP required" flag on gateway h.323 configuration. In fact, with ver. 6.1 of CUCM and IOS 12.4 is not necessary.

RTMT show correct use and release of MTP resource.

Lorenzo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: