cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME Credential Issue

jain.nitin
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, I am trying to push configuration through RME to devices but its giving me error saying that authentication failed, check RME credential user name & password.. what is the user name I should use for RME..right now i hv configured LMS admin user name n password in RME credential but its not working..can any one help

4 Replies 4

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

The user name that you should use is one that has level 15 permissions on that device, none of the passwords you configure to access the application apply globally to the devices. If you use external to the device authetication like CiscoSecure ACS or another AAA product, you can define a machine account and passwords there.

that means I wil hv to create a user name with privelege level 15 on the devices if I dont have any ??

& what would be the RME server IP address? it is the LMS ip address right with port 1741 ?? correct me if I am wrong ...

jain.nitin
Level 3
Level 3

anyone can help me to get it resolve..I want to know how can I fix the best practice deviation report...when I say fix then I get error msg that authentication failed check your user name & password..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco